Los Angeles, April 1 - Salma Hayek, one of the most beautiful actresses in the movie business, says she suffered "severe, severe depression" from acne and being overweight when she was a struggling actress.
The Latino star insists it was a far different story when she was 25 and trying to break into movies.
"You want to talk about bad skin? I had acne. And this acne was so bad it sent me into severe, severe depression. Like I couldn't leave the house," thesun. co. uk quoted her as saying.
"The next stage with that sort of depression is food - too little or too much. Guess what I did? I was fat and broken out. I couldn't leave the house and I couldn't pay the rent," she told Lucky magazine.
She credits director Alfonso Cuaron for teaching her "to meditate, to relax" and also says Accutane "cured" the acne.
As for more drastic beauty treatments, she insists: "Botox - trust me, I've been tempted, but I resist!" (IANS)
- Indian-origin Counsyl co-founder Balaji Srinivasan steps up as Andreessen Horowitz' general partner
- Microsoft updates security features for account holders
- Coca Cola to debut new low-calorie Coke next year
- 1 in 5 Americans will reach affluence in lifetime
- American bourbon overtakes Scottish whiskey!