Los Angeles - First photos from Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu-directed movie 'The Revenant', starring Leonardo DiCaprio, are out.
The images feature the 40-year-old actor looking scruffy while wielding a gun, reported Entertainment Weekly.
The movie tells the story of DiCaprio's fur trapper character named Hugh Glass who is mauled by a Grizzly bear in the 1800s.
His unfortunate situation doesn't stop there as he is then robbed and left to die in the cold by some men who are enlisted to stay with him. Glass eventually makes miraculous trek to go back to civilisation to find the men and seek revenge.
Filming has started in Calgary and will continue through April. The 'Birdman' director and his team are only able to shoot for a few hours a day as they opt to use natural light.
"It's a fun ride," said the director who is up for Best Director trophy at the upcoming Academy Awards.
"It's a very experimental thing that we're doing here... I'm now addicted to doing things that can fail horribly or maybe that can give us a surprise. We are all into it."
Innaritu also praised DiCaprio. "He's a brave, incredible actor. I'm so surprised about how good he is," he told the magazine. "I think there's a profound understanding of humanity that I can see through his eyes." Tom Hardy, Will Poulter, Domhnall Gleeson and Brad Carter are among the cast members. The movie hits US theatres on December 25. PTI
- Squishiness of human embryo may provide clues about its viability
- Family, Including Ill Father, Removed From Plane As Passengers Applaud Action
- President Obama favors Individual’s Right on Genetic Information
- International Health Officials Prematurely Declared link between Zika and Microcephaly: Report
- Jack & The Green Sprouts in Wisconsin linked to E. coli outbreak