Johannesburg, Feb. 27 : Christian Slater is under legal trouble as he is being sued for 20 million dollars by his own father.
The 46-year-old actor is the subject of a defamation action by Thomas Knight Slater in which he has accused his son of destroying his acting career after making public claims that he suffers from manic-depressive schizophrenia, reports News24. com.
The lawsuit was filed by Thomas because the 'Heathers' star intentionally maligned and defamed him and caused him to be blacklisted in the show business community.
In his legal action, Thomas has accused his former wife Mary Jo Slater and Christian of slander, libel, defamation of character, intentional interference with prospective economic advantage and invasion of privacy, as well as intentional infliction of emotional distress.
However, Christian's representatives have not commented on the issue. (ANI)
- Squishiness of human embryo may provide clues about its viability
- Family, Including Ill Father, Removed From Plane As Passengers Applaud Action
- President Obama favors Individual’s Right on Genetic Information
- International Health Officials Prematurely Declared link between Zika and Microcephaly: Report
- Jack & The Green Sprouts in Wisconsin linked to E. coli outbreak