Los Angeles [US], Jan. 20 : Kanye West has not been invited to perform at Donald Trump's inaugural as 'Ye's music, according to a spokesperson for president-elect's inauguration committee, is not right for the "typically and traditionally American event."
The lineup of performers at Trump's inauguration certainly could be stronger - but his team didn't even bother asking West.
"We haven't asked him," Tom Barrack, chairman of the Presidential Inauguration Committee, told CNN as reported by The Hollywood Reporter.
"He considers himself a friend of the President-elect, but it's not the venue. The venue we have for entertainment is filled out, it's perfect, it's going to be typically and traditionally American, and Kanye is a great guy but we just haven't asked him to perform."
West sparked speculation that he could provide a " Famous" face for the event when he showed up at Manhattan's ritzy Trump Tower in December and spoke to the President-elect for 15 minutes.
After their brief meeting, Trump told reporters in the edifice's lobby that he and West have "been friends for a long time."
West later explained on Twitter that he visited Trump to discuss "multicultural issues." (ANI)
- Squishiness of human embryo may provide clues about its viability
- Family, Including Ill Father, Removed From Plane As Passengers Applaud Action
- President Obama favors Individual’s Right on Genetic Information
- International Health Officials Prematurely Declared link between Zika and Microcephaly: Report
- Jack & The Green Sprouts in Wisconsin linked to E. coli outbreak