Washington D.C. [USA], Feb. 16 : American fashion designer Michael Kors, showed off his fall winter 2017 collection at New York Fashion Week but it was not his collection which caught all the eye balls.
The designer who has been doing runway shows for more than three decades, chose Ashley Graham as the first plus-sized model to walk his ramp, reports USA Today.
"I'd have to have everything from a size 2 to a size 18. But in real life, all of these clothes are available in this wider range in sizes. We're one of the few people who send designer clothes down the runway where we make a size 16," he says.
After his show last year, Kors cited some logistic reasons that it was not possible for him to include plus-size models in his show or he would have to fill in a football stadium with clothes for having wide range of sizes.
With this achievement in her bag, Graham is all set to return to the cover of Sports Illustrated's swimsuit issue.
She also graced the cover of Vogue as the face of Prabal Gurung's new collection for Lane Bryant. (ANI)
- Squishiness of human embryo may provide clues about its viability
- Family, Including Ill Father, Removed From Plane As Passengers Applaud Action
- President Obama favors Individual’s Right on Genetic Information
- International Health Officials Prematurely Declared link between Zika and Microcephaly: Report
- Jack & The Green Sprouts in Wisconsin linked to E. coli outbreak