Washington D.C. [USA], Feb. 27 : Raise the toast! It is a double celebration for Mahershala Ali.
After announcing the birth of his first child, with wife Amatus Sami-Karim two days back, Ali now bags the golden Statuette at the 89th Academy Awards in the ' Actor in a supporting role' category for 'Moonlight.'
"I just want to thank [my wife] for being such a soldier through this process and carrying me through it all," said the 43-year-old actor, while accepting the trophy on stage.
' Moonlight' sees Ali, portraying a Cuban-born drug dealer, living in Miami, who becomes a surrogate father to a bullied youngster and tries to instill confidence in him.
With this, Dev Patel, who was also running for the Oscars for 'Lion,' loses 'Supporting Actor' award to Mahershala Ali.
On a related note, the 'House of Cards' actor confirmed the news of the birth of his baby girl Bari Najma, on Instagram, with a picture of his wife cuddling the tiny tot, clicked from the back side.
The snap was captioned, "Bari (Bar-ee) Najma Ali 2/22/17 #pisces." (ANI)
- Squishiness of human embryo may provide clues about its viability
- Family, Including Ill Father, Removed From Plane As Passengers Applaud Action
- President Obama favors Individual’s Right on Genetic Information
- International Health Officials Prematurely Declared link between Zika and Microcephaly: Report
- Jack & The Green Sprouts in Wisconsin linked to E. coli outbreak