London [U.K.], Mar. 2 : Remember the Best Picture fiasco at 2017 Academy Awards? A cinema in London, found a perfect way of encashing on it.
The Rio in Dalston, London reacted to the biggest screw-up in Oscar history by 'mistakenly' showing ' La La Land' in a screening of 'Moonlight', reports The Independent.
"It wasn't the actual feature film, but, a few seconds from a teaser trailer,' the Rio's duty manager told Time Out, adding, "we shut it down, then, and did a bit of fumbling to make it look like we made a mistake."
The audience present in the theatre, reportedly applauded and burst into laughter as soon as they got to know, what the community cinema was up to.
On a related note, the Rio has extended its run of ' Moonlight' by a week following its Best Picture win.
The film, won three Oscars, including Best Director for Barry Jenkins and Mahershala Ali, winning the Best Supporting Actor award. (ANI)
- Squishiness of human embryo may provide clues about its viability
- Family, Including Ill Father, Removed From Plane As Passengers Applaud Action
- President Obama favors Individual’s Right on Genetic Information
- International Health Officials Prematurely Declared link between Zika and Microcephaly: Report
- Jack & The Green Sprouts in Wisconsin linked to E. coli outbreak