Los Angeles [USA], Mar. 4 : After the 'Tron: Legacy' debacle in 2010, all thought Disney is over with the franchise. But, looks like, the studio is finding some possibilities to bring it back to life.
According to the sources, the studio is planning to develop a reboot of 'Tron' movie, with Oscar-winning actor Jared Leto starring in it, reports The Hollywood Reporter.
Sources further said, this new project is not a direct sequel and is being built out of the source code of the deleted ' Tron 3' script.
Leto would play a character named Ares, who has not appeared on screen before, but was a key player in that script.
Justin Springer, co-producer of 'Tron: Legacy,' will produce the movie.
However, no filmmaker has been involved in the project till now.
For the unversed, in 2010, Disney revisited the cyberspace with 'Tron: Legacy,' which did not go well with the critics. The movie starred Garrett Hedlund and Olivia Wilde and brought back Oscar-nominated actor Jeff Bridges as Kevin Flynn.
On a related note, Jared Leto will next appear in Denis Villeneuve's ' Blade Runner 2049,' alongside Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford. (ANI)
- Squishiness of human embryo may provide clues about its viability
- Family, Including Ill Father, Removed From Plane As Passengers Applaud Action
- President Obama favors Individual’s Right on Genetic Information
- International Health Officials Prematurely Declared link between Zika and Microcephaly: Report
- Jack & The Green Sprouts in Wisconsin linked to E. coli outbreak