London [U.K.], Mar. 05 : Russia is mulling upon banning Disney's 'Beauty and the Beast' movie, due to a subplot in it showing a man discovering himself as gay.
The subplot in the movie shows a character, Josh Gad's LeFou, discovering that he is gay.
Culture Minister Vladimir Medinsky has ensured that checks will be carried out to ascertain that the movie does not oppose the country's laws against "spreading gay propaganda among minors," the Telegraph quoted the BBC as saying.
An MP, Vitaly Milonov, has also called for a government screening of the movie a day before its official release, in order to let ministers decide whether to permit it for a general release.
The film's director Bill Condon, last week, in an interview to a magazine revealed the movie's 'gay moment.'
Beauty and the Beast, starring Emma Watson and Dan Stevens, is scheduled to release in the UK on March 17. (ANI)
- Squishiness of human embryo may provide clues about its viability
- Family, Including Ill Father, Removed From Plane As Passengers Applaud Action
- President Obama favors Individual’s Right on Genetic Information
- International Health Officials Prematurely Declared link between Zika and Microcephaly: Report
- Jack & The Green Sprouts in Wisconsin linked to E. coli outbreak