London [UK], Mar. 9 : If you think the 'Best Picture' confusion was the only gaffe at the Oscars this year, then you are wrong. Nicole Kidman's hands were also trolled on the social media.
Basically, the Aussie actor's way of clapping after an award announcement sent Twitter into meme meltdown, with many comparing her to a seal.
According to the Daily Star, the 'Lion' star has finally come up with an explanation to her odd technique, while speaking to a radio station.
During the conversation, the RJ said, "It's because of the rings you idiots, like that's why she's clapping like that - she doesn't want to damage the jewels!"
"Yes, yes!" Nicole replied.
"I'm so glad you clarified that because it was really awkward! I was like, 'Gosh, I really want to clap," she continued, adding, "I don't want to not be clapping, which would be worse right? Why isn't Nicole clapping?"
"So therefore I'm clapping but it was really difficult because I had this huge ring on which was not my own but was absolutely gorgeous and I was terrified of damaging it!" the actress explained.
Along with her outfit, the actress wore a 119-carat-worth diamond to the special night. (ANI)
- Squishiness of human embryo may provide clues about its viability
- Family, Including Ill Father, Removed From Plane As Passengers Applaud Action
- President Obama favors Individual’s Right on Genetic Information
- International Health Officials Prematurely Declared link between Zika and Microcephaly: Report
- Jack & The Green Sprouts in Wisconsin linked to E. coli outbreak