London [UK], Mar. 9 : A Harry Potter actor is in intensive care after a head-on car crash left him with a broken neck and punctured lung.
Jim Tavare, who played Tom the Innkeeper in the film Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, also suffered 15 broken ribs, breaks in his right leg and a fractured breastbone.
A report in Guardian said that this informed was posted by his wife on his Facebook account.
However, the message did not have details about where the crash had taken place.
"This is Laura here. Now that his family have been informed, Jim has asked me to let you all know that he was involved in a serious car accident yesterday, a head-on collision," she wrote.
"He's currently in ICU intensive care. He has 15 broken ribs, fractures in both breastbones, a punctured lung, multiple breaks in his right leg, and a broken neck," she continued, adding, "He's had two blood transfusions so far and is about to go in for his first surgery. This is for real, not a movie role. Please hold some good thoughts for him as he fights his way out of this."
A host of fellow entertainers sent their best wishes to Tavare after hearing the news.
A picture of Tavare, lying in a hospital bed and giving the thumbs up, was also posted to his Facebook account. (ANI)
- Squishiness of human embryo may provide clues about its viability
- Family, Including Ill Father, Removed From Plane As Passengers Applaud Action
- President Obama favors Individual’s Right on Genetic Information
- International Health Officials Prematurely Declared link between Zika and Microcephaly: Report
- Jack & The Green Sprouts in Wisconsin linked to E. coli outbreak