Los Angeles [USA], Mar.17 : Netflix is surely on a roll! The online streaming giant is leaving no stone unturned to make its presence felt in the Hollywood film industry.
Netflix has picked up ' War Party', an adventure project, which has Tom Hardy attached to star, reports The Hollywood Reporter.
Ridley Scott all set to produce the project.
Andrew Dominik, who previously helmed Brad Pitt's 'The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford,' is all set to don thedirector's hat for the movie. He will co-write the story with Harrison Query.
Not much details of the movie have been given, but the story is described to be based on true events and centers on real life Navy SEALs.
According to the sources, Netflix outflanked Amazon, Lionsgate and Universal in the bidding war for picking the film's rights.
On a related note, Tom Hardy will next appear in Christopher Nolan's World War II epic ' Dunkirk,' which is set to hit the screens on July 21, this year. (ANI)
- Squishiness of human embryo may provide clues about its viability
- Family, Including Ill Father, Removed From Plane As Passengers Applaud Action
- President Obama favors Individual’s Right on Genetic Information
- International Health Officials Prematurely Declared link between Zika and Microcephaly: Report
- Jack & The Green Sprouts in Wisconsin linked to E. coli outbreak