New Delhi, April 12 - Kamal Haasan, who has so far stayed away from endorsements, has collaborated with the leading celebrity and talent management firm Alliance Media & Entertainment Pvt Ltd and is now ready to endorse brands. The Tamil superstar has entered this new field to raise funds for social causes he is associated with.
"I have signed up with Sunil Doshi's Alliance Media because I believe it is India's most respected talent management firm and is known to provide excellent strategic counsel to several top celebrities and personalities. I look forward to yet another first - that of brand endorsement - in my creative life and to keep being able to do my bit for society," Kamal Haasan said in a statement.
In his five-decade-long career so far, he has never endorsed any brand.
Sunil Doshi, managing director of Alliance Media & Entertainment Pvt Ltd, says that Kamal Haasan has taken this step to raise funds for the social causes he espouses.
"Kamal Haasan has certain plans for his work in social service, but he is also unwilling to rely on external sources of funding those plans. Therefore, he feels that endorsements with leading companies and brands that have a strong commitment to society and causes would be an appropriate and independent means of fulfilling his vision," said Doshi.
"We shall soon announce which brand he will be endorsing. He is known for his ideals and principles, and needless to say, we shall advise him to pick a brand that fits with his values and stature, and will have a campaign to match," he added.
Alliance Media & Entertainment Pvt Ltd has been associated with the entire Bachchan family as well as Shah Rukh Khan, Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra, Preity Zinta, Rani Mukerji, Govinda, Fardeen Khan and Sonali Bendre. (IANS)
- New Zealand players want to test 'pink ball' before day-night Test
- Expert says Pistorius' shooting reenactment footage might result in mistrial
- Sania enters top-5 for first time in her career
- Kapur finishes tied 18th, McDowell wins as Stadler collapses
- Tim Krul defends penalty shootout 'mind games' during Netherlands' WC quarterfinal victory
- Stan Chartered to invest Rs 500-cr in Sterlite Power Grid
- Sensex breaches 26,000-mark; Nifty at record-high of 7,787.95
- Gold price slips below Rs 27,500 level in futures trade
- World's largest shopping mall with theme park to come up in Dubai
- Pink Floyd to release new album'The Endless River' in October
- Hillary Clinton would want Meryl Streep to portray her in film
- Now, 'I MISS W' tees for those who miss George W. Bush
- U.S. tightens airline passenger restrictions in view of anticipated terror threat
- China reportedly shows off next-gen submarine at PLAN
- Apple hires Tag Heuer's sales director for upcoming iWatch