Los Angeles, April 26 - Singer Beyonce has been named the most beautiful woman in the world by People magazine.
The pop star is glowing after giving birth to her first child, Blue Ivy, in January, and editors have chosen her for the top slot for their annual beauty countdown, reports the magazine website.
Beyonce has taken the title from Jennifer Lopez, who was handed the honour in 2011.
The 30-year-old says motherhood has improved her self-esteem.
"I feel more beautiful than I've ever felt because I've given birth. I have never felt so connected, never felt like I had such a purpose on this earth," she said. (IANS)
- ESA's satellite shows Antarctica's ice loss on the rise
- Rare butterfly orchid, lost for 175 years, rediscovered in the Azores
- US hopes India will persuade 'friend' Karzai on troops stay post-2014
- Twitter shares soar following mobile ad roll-out announcement
- Microsoft issues Surface patches, OS updates