Mumbai, May 7 - Actor-producer Aamir Khan, who is taking up social issues in his first ever television programme "Satyamev Jayate", wants to stay away from politics.
"I don't have any offer from Rajya Sabha. But I feel wherever I am right now I am very happy. Whatever I am doing in my profession, I am able to make more contribution to my society. May be if I go somewhere else, I can't do so much," Aamir told reporters when he was asked whether he would like to join the Rajya Sabha.
In the first episode of this TV show, which was aired Sunday, Aamir highlighted female foeticide and its repercussions on the society. (IANS)
- Proteas expect to settle on WC's 15-man squad by end ODI series against Zimbabwe
- 'Injury-prone' Watson pulls out from Zimbabwe ODI tour
- Shahryar M. Khan unanimously elected as new PCB chairman
- Federer advances to Cincinnati final with straight set win over Raonic
- Serena Williams battles off Caroline Wozniacki to advance to Cincinnati final