Mumbai, May 7 - Actor-producer Aamir Khan, who is taking up social issues in his first ever television programme "Satyamev Jayate", wants to stay away from politics.
"I don't have any offer from Rajya Sabha. But I feel wherever I am right now I am very happy. Whatever I am doing in my profession, I am able to make more contribution to my society. May be if I go somewhere else, I can't do so much," Aamir told reporters when he was asked whether he would like to join the Rajya Sabha.
In the first episode of this TV show, which was aired Sunday, Aamir highlighted female foeticide and its repercussions on the society. (IANS)
- Bristol-Myers Squibb’s Cancer Drug Opdivo Receives another Approval from FDA
- Double Mastectomy Offers More Choices When It Comes To Breast Reconstruction
- Ocrelizumab cuts multiple sclerosis relapses by nearly 50% compared with Rebif in two large clinical trials
- Whole Foods recalling cheese after FDA finds Listeria during a sample test
- Medical Marijuana Regulations win Governor Jerry Brown’s signature
- Journalist Jason Rezaian sentenced by Iranian Court, verdict unknown
- Extinct tree-climbing human was handy with its feet as well
- Tech- stable policies combo can help avoid another `dark` age: World electricity firms
- Obama mocks Kanye's 2020 presidential run, calls him 'Peezy'
- Chad: Five suicide bomb attacks kill 36, injure 50