Mumbai, May 7 - Actor-producer Aamir Khan, who is taking up social issues in his first ever television programme "Satyamev Jayate", wants to stay away from politics.
"I don't have any offer from Rajya Sabha. But I feel wherever I am right now I am very happy. Whatever I am doing in my profession, I am able to make more contribution to my society. May be if I go somewhere else, I can't do so much," Aamir told reporters when he was asked whether he would like to join the Rajya Sabha.
In the first episode of this TV show, which was aired Sunday, Aamir highlighted female foeticide and its repercussions on the society. (IANS)
- Squishiness of human embryo may provide clues about its viability
- Family, Including Ill Father, Removed From Plane As Passengers Applaud Action
- President Obama favors Individual’s Right on Genetic Information
- International Health Officials Prematurely Declared link between Zika and Microcephaly: Report
- Jack & The Green Sprouts in Wisconsin linked to E. coli outbreak