Mumbai, May 7 - Actor-producer Aamir Khan, who is taking up social issues in his first ever television programme "Satyamev Jayate", wants to stay away from politics.
"I don't have any offer from Rajya Sabha. But I feel wherever I am right now I am very happy. Whatever I am doing in my profession, I am able to make more contribution to my society. May be if I go somewhere else, I can't do so much," Aamir told reporters when he was asked whether he would like to join the Rajya Sabha.
In the first episode of this TV show, which was aired Sunday, Aamir highlighted female foeticide and its repercussions on the society. (IANS)
- Indian driver Chandhok and team qualify third
- Man City planning record 250 mln-pound swoop to bag Barca star Messi
- Hafeez imparting young cricketers in native city with 'Skills to Shine'
- Eoin Morgan credits IPL 'pressure' for helping 'long-term' cricket career
- Three top Liverpool footballers nominated for Association Player of the Year award
- Now, a device that allows blind to 'read as they swipe
- Now, a fitness app that encourages users to 'walk'
- Snowden unhappy over Putin's 'evasive' denial of mass surveillance in Russia
- LinkedIn's user base crosses 300 million mark
- High-energy laser beam shot into clouds could make rain, lightning happen at will