London, June 26 - Singer Katy Perry reportedly wants to step back from her career and take time to properly recover from the breakdown of her marriage to Russell Brand last year.
According to the Daily Mirror newspaper, the 27-year-old said: "I need to let my heart heal," reports contactmusic. com
Perry spent much of her 14-month marriage on her world tour and has hinted that her career was one of the causes for the split.
"For a modern woman, it is important to be supported and that there is equality in every aspect," she said.
She said she does not regret her failed relationship with Brand, 37.
"Everybody asks me if I regret something, they ask me if it's going to be that one moment. Actually it's really a lesson learned and it's super valuable, I could not buy this lesson.
"And I apply it to my life, I learn and a lot of the time, I get really good material for my songs," she said. (IANS)
- Don't hang Mollah, says rights group
- 48% Americans opposed to scrapping of ban on cellphone use in flights
- Poverty during childhood adversely affects brain development in kids
- Younger women likelier to die from heart attacks than male counterparts
- New material could make solar panels cheaper and more efficient