London, July 18 - Actor Johnny Depp has been confirmed to star in Wes Anderson's independent film "The Grand Budapest Hotel", the plot of which is under wraps.
The director, known for "The Darjeeling Limited", is also considering Hollywood stars such as Bill Murray, Owen Wilson, Adrien Brody, Edward Norton, Jude Law, Jeff Goldblum, Willem Dafoe and Angela Lansbury to star alongside Depp in his new project, reports thesun. co. uk.
Depp, who split with Vanessa Paradis, his partner of 14 years, in June, was last seen in Tim Burton's horror comedy "Dark Shadows" earlier this year.
The 49-year-old's next film will see him play Tonto in Gore Verbinski's "The Lone Ranger", scheduled for release in summer 2013. (IANS)
- Don't hang Mollah, says rights group
- 48% Americans opposed to scrapping of ban on cellphone use in flights
- Poverty during childhood adversely affects brain development in kids
- Younger women likelier to die from heart attacks than male counterparts
- New material could make solar panels cheaper and more efficient