London, July 20 - Commercials for a skincare brand featuring pop stars Katy Perry and Justin Bieber have been banned in Britain by the advertising watchdog.
The TV adverts have been taken off air over claims the British versions of the products do not contain the same ingredients as the American range
The brand has been endorsed by a number of other stars, including Elle Macpherson and Avril Lavigne, reports contactmusic. com.
The Advertising Standards Authority (Asa) said: "We noted the ads were targeted at a UK audience and that the UK Proactiv products had a different active ingredient to the US version.
"In that context, we therefore considered the claims of continued use had not been substantiated. We concluded that the ads were misleading. The ads must not appear again in their current form." (IANS)
- Don't hang Mollah, says rights group
- 48% Americans opposed to scrapping of ban on cellphone use in flights
- Poverty during childhood adversely affects brain development in kids
- Younger women likelier to die from heart attacks than male counterparts
- New material could make solar panels cheaper and more efficient