London, July 22 - Actress Rachel Weisz says she tried to change her name because that "sounds like a porn star".
"The Constant Gardener" star grew so tired of teachers botching the pronunciation of her surname, she altered the "weird" spelling in a bid to avoid confusion while breaking into the entertainment industry, reports dailystar. co. uk.
"I did try and change it. In England there's this catalogue called Spotlight, where the actors send in their pictures, and I changed the spelling one time to... 'Vice'," said the 42-year-old. (IANS)
- Cyber troll claims seeing Becks naked in changing room
- Man U in 'no rush' to open talks with Rooney about 'new contract' despite Chelsea interest
- Ayrton Senna's nephew Bruno 'amazed' by Oz fans' love for 'legendary F1 driver'
- Kolo Toure says 'conversation' with boss Rodgers made him choose Liverpool 'instantly'
- 'Controversial' Suarez named Twitter's top trending football topic of 2013