New York, July 27 : Late singer Michael Jackson's mother Katherine caused a stir after it was reported that she was missing. However, she has now emerged and says she wasn't missing but was on a short vacation.
Katherine said she was staying at Arizona's Miraval Resort resort for a "short vacation and rest" and she did not call her grandchildren for days because: "I just gave up my phone and I didn't want to have any phone calls while I was here."
"There are rumours going around about me that I have been kidnapped, I am here today to let everybody to know that I am good and fine," she added.
Following the 82-year-old's mysterious absence, Katherine lost custody of Jackson's children Paris, Prince Michael and Blanket, and the decision has left her devastated, reports people. com.
"I am devastated that while I've been away my grandchildren have been taken away from me, and I'm coming home," she told ABC News.
A Los Angeles judge removed her as guardian of her late son's three children during allegations that she may have been held against her will. Michael's nephew TJ Jackson was named temporary guardian.(IANS)
- Morgan Freeman and Idris Elba express grief over death of Nelson Mandela
- U.S. warns of total withdrawal from Afghanistan in absence of security agreement
- Each person perceives odours differently
- US Airways-American Airlines to merge after SC refuses stay request
- Analysts think Twitter 'not worth the hype': Report