Los Angeles, July 27 : Pepe Aguilar, the key figure in the new generation of "ranchera" music, Thursday received a star in the recording category on Hollywood's Walk of Fame.
"It's an honour for me. I feel honoured to be here on this very beautiful occasion. But, above all, it's an honour for the music I represent," said Aguilar, who was accompanied by relatives, friends and fans, along with Leron Gubler, president of the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce.
Elegantly outfitted in a dark suit and sunglasses, Aguilar unveiled his star, which was No. 2,474 among those bestowed upon celebrities from film, television, radio and music by the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce.
The five-pointed star, contains in gold letters Aguilar's name and the symbol of an old-style phonograph record.
The square embedded in the sidewalk is located next to the star of another iconic legend in ranchero music, Pepe's father Antonio Aguilar.(IANS)
- Don't hang Mollah, says rights group
- 48% Americans opposed to scrapping of ban on cellphone use in flights
- Poverty during childhood adversely affects brain development in kids
- Younger women likelier to die from heart attacks than male counterparts
- New material could make solar panels cheaper and more efficient