New Delhi, Aug 11 - Clad in a beautiful lehanga-choli teamed up with a red dupatta and sindoor on her head, Bollywood diva Madhuri Dixit turned "devi" for veteran designer Anju Modi at the ongoing Delhi Couture Week (DCW).
"My collection revolves around Bengali literature including 'Charulata', 'Devi', 'Parineeta' and 'Devdas'. And the common theme about all of these literatures is the depiction of a powerful woman as the central character. That's why I have focused on the power of woman who is not only lovable but also energetic," Modi told IANS after the show.
"Madhuri is the epitome of elegance, an intelligent, passionate human being. Even after her marriage, she has maintained her charm and that's why she is the devi of my collection," Modi said.
This was the first time that the actress was seen walking the ramp for any designer, and she looked gorgeous in her signature smile teamed up with elegance and panache in her walk.
Husband Shriram Nene graced the front row and cheered for his wife.
Modi's collection included lehangas, achkans and saris in colours that varied from red, white and black. Muslin, silk, cotton were the prominent fabrics used in her collection.
The designer has been making Madhuri's outfits for her TV reality show "Jhalak Dikhla Ja" as well. She said they both have been associating for a year now.
"I have known Madhuri for a year now. Like a typical American, she was shopping online and she came across my clothes. When I met her, I found her to be a down-to-earth person. She eventually became my muse."
Though the actress avoided talking to the media after the show, but her maiden appearance on the ramp surely crowned her as one of the gorgeous looking divas in Bollywood history. (IANS)
- Bristol-Myers Squibb’s Cancer Drug Opdivo Receives another Approval from FDA
- Double Mastectomy Offers More Choices When It Comes To Breast Reconstruction
- Ocrelizumab cuts multiple sclerosis relapses by nearly 50% compared with Rebif in two large clinical trials
- Whole Foods recalling cheese after FDA finds Listeria during a sample test
- Medical Marijuana Regulations win Governor Jerry Brown’s signature
- Journalist Jason Rezaian sentenced by Iranian Court, verdict unknown
- Extinct tree-climbing human was handy with its feet as well
- Tech- stable policies combo can help avoid another `dark` age: World electricity firms
- Obama mocks Kanye's 2020 presidential run, calls him 'Peezy'
- Chad: Five suicide bomb attacks kill 36, injure 50