Mumbai, Aug 23 - Megastar Amitabh Bachchan believes these are good times for the Hindi film industry as movies are regularly minting Rs. 100 crore and plus at the box office.
"It's a great time for the industry. More the business, the earnings, the better it is," the 69-year-old said here.
"Last year, the film industry was going through a bad phase. Most films were not working. But it is good to see that lately films are doing good business," he added.
Amitabh will soon be seen hosting the sixth season of game show "Kaun Banega Crorepati (KBC)", and admits it has helped him increase his knowledge base.
"The amount of knowledge I get from here (KBC), I don't get outside. I'm grateful to KBC because of which my knowledge is also increasing," he said.
The first season of KBC went on air in 2000 on Star Plus. After four seasons, the show shifted to Sony last year and now the sixth season of the game show is ready to go on air Sep 7. (IANS)
- Indian driver Chandhok and team qualify third
- Man City planning record 250 mln-pound swoop to bag Barca star Messi
- Hafeez imparting young cricketers in native city with 'Skills to Shine'
- Eoin Morgan credits IPL 'pressure' for helping 'long-term' cricket career
- Three top Liverpool footballers nominated for Association Player of the Year award
- Now, a device that allows blind to 'read as they swipe
- Now, a fitness app that encourages users to 'walk'
- Snowden unhappy over Putin's 'evasive' denial of mass surveillance in Russia
- LinkedIn's user base crosses 300 million mark
- High-energy laser beam shot into clouds could make rain, lightning happen at will