Mumbai, Aug 23 - Megastar Amitabh Bachchan believes these are good times for the Hindi film industry as movies are regularly minting Rs. 100 crore and plus at the box office.
"It's a great time for the industry. More the business, the earnings, the better it is," the 69-year-old said here.
"Last year, the film industry was going through a bad phase. Most films were not working. But it is good to see that lately films are doing good business," he added.
Amitabh will soon be seen hosting the sixth season of game show "Kaun Banega Crorepati (KBC)", and admits it has helped him increase his knowledge base.
"The amount of knowledge I get from here (KBC), I don't get outside. I'm grateful to KBC because of which my knowledge is also increasing," he said.
The first season of KBC went on air in 2000 on Star Plus. After four seasons, the show shifted to Sony last year and now the sixth season of the game show is ready to go on air Sep 7. (IANS)
- De Villiers shines as Proteas cruise past Windies in first ODI
- McIlroy records first pro hole-in-one to be two shots adrift of lead at Abu Dhabi
- FIA finally allows Honda to upgrade engine in 2015 F1 season
- Morgan says loss against Oz no WC setback
- Boxing legend Ali released from hospital in time to celebrate 73rd birthday
- We will defeat poisonous Islamist narrative: UK PM David Cameron
- People sharing news on social media stay better connected with information
- Al Qaeda leader claims Charlie Hebdo massacre took years in making
- International music streaming service Rdio launches in India
- Two 'unknown planets' may lie hidden beyond Pluto