Mumbai, Aug 23 - Megastar Amitabh Bachchan believes these are good times for the Hindi film industry as movies are regularly minting Rs. 100 crore and plus at the box office.
"It's a great time for the industry. More the business, the earnings, the better it is," the 69-year-old said here.
"Last year, the film industry was going through a bad phase. Most films were not working. But it is good to see that lately films are doing good business," he added.
Amitabh will soon be seen hosting the sixth season of game show "Kaun Banega Crorepati (KBC)", and admits it has helped him increase his knowledge base.
"The amount of knowledge I get from here (KBC), I don't get outside. I'm grateful to KBC because of which my knowledge is also increasing," he said.
The first season of KBC went on air in 2000 on Star Plus. After four seasons, the show shifted to Sony last year and now the sixth season of the game show is ready to go on air Sep 7. (IANS)
- New Zealand players want to test 'pink ball' before day-night Test
- Expert says Pistorius' shooting reenactment footage might result in mistrial
- Sania enters top-5 for first time in her career
- Kapur finishes tied 18th, McDowell wins as Stadler collapses
- Tim Krul defends penalty shootout 'mind games' during Netherlands' WC quarterfinal victory
- Stan Chartered to invest Rs 500-cr in Sterlite Power Grid
- Sensex breaches 26,000-mark; Nifty at record-high of 7,787.95
- Gold price slips below Rs 27,500 level in futures trade
- World's largest shopping mall with theme park to come up in Dubai
- Pink Floyd to release new album'The Endless River' in October
- Hillary Clinton would want Meryl Streep to portray her in film
- Now, 'I MISS W' tees for those who miss George W. Bush
- U.S. tightens airline passenger restrictions in view of anticipated terror threat
- China reportedly shows off next-gen submarine at PLAN
- Apple hires Tag Heuer's sales director for upcoming iWatch