Washington, Aug 31: Bollywood star Aamir Khan features on the cover of Time magazine following his hugely successful TV show "Satyamev Jayate".
"He's breaking the Bollywood mold by tackling India's social evils. Can one actor change a nation?" says the blurb on the cover, which features a close-up of the actor looking intensely into the camera.
The TV show brought social issues to the fore. It started with the issue of female foeticide, traversed over various burning social issues informing, educating, sensitising and touching audiences' hearts and ended its 13-week journey with the spotlight on the right to equality.
Time had earlier featured Aishwarya Rai on its cover. (IANS)
- Selector backs 'sensible' Misbah to comeback strongly post Pak's back-to-back WC debacles
- CA, NZC agree to put Chappell-Hadlee trophy on line for Kiwi-Oz CWC tie
- Watson claims 'crunch' time for him to score runs for retaining place in Oz squad
- Here's who the famous bum showing Athena Tennis Girl actually is
- Hesson side-steps Warner's latest 'McCullum brain explosion' sledge
- 'Pregnancy perfume' broadcasts whether mom-to-be is carrying boy or girl
- Former Marine sentenced to life in prison over killing of 'American Sniper' author Chris Kyle
- Crocodiles, not dinosaurs ruled Earth 13mln yrs ago
- Google likely to unveil new Chromebook Pixel soon
- Microsoft to discontinue support for Google, Facebook chat in Outlook.comTech