Washington, Aug 31: Bollywood star Aamir Khan features on the cover of Time magazine following his hugely successful TV show "Satyamev Jayate".
"He's breaking the Bollywood mold by tackling India's social evils. Can one actor change a nation?" says the blurb on the cover, which features a close-up of the actor looking intensely into the camera.
The TV show brought social issues to the fore. It started with the issue of female foeticide, traversed over various burning social issues informing, educating, sensitising and touching audiences' hearts and ended its 13-week journey with the spotlight on the right to equality.
Time had earlier featured Aishwarya Rai on its cover. (IANS)
- Jessica Alba doesn't care who plays 'Sue Storm' in 'Fantastic Four'
- Skin examinations are necessary as skin cancers can lead to other cancers
- Facebook might be taking you towards eating disorders
- Made-in-Canada smartphone device able to monitors blood oxygen levels
- Four-year-old Cambridge girl battling leukemia finds bone marrow match