Washington, Aug 31: Bollywood star Aamir Khan features on the cover of Time magazine following his hugely successful TV show "Satyamev Jayate".
"He's breaking the Bollywood mold by tackling India's social evils. Can one actor change a nation?" says the blurb on the cover, which features a close-up of the actor looking intensely into the camera.
The TV show brought social issues to the fore. It started with the issue of female foeticide, traversed over various burning social issues informing, educating, sensitising and touching audiences' hearts and ended its 13-week journey with the spotlight on the right to equality.
Time had earlier featured Aishwarya Rai on its cover. (IANS)
- Squishiness of human embryo may provide clues about its viability
- Family, Including Ill Father, Removed From Plane As Passengers Applaud Action
- President Obama favors Individual’s Right on Genetic Information
- International Health Officials Prematurely Declared link between Zika and Microcephaly: Report
- Jack & The Green Sprouts in Wisconsin linked to E. coli outbreak