Washington, Aug 31: Bollywood star Aamir Khan features on the cover of Time magazine following his hugely successful TV show "Satyamev Jayate".
"He's breaking the Bollywood mold by tackling India's social evils. Can one actor change a nation?" says the blurb on the cover, which features a close-up of the actor looking intensely into the camera.
The TV show brought social issues to the fore. It started with the issue of female foeticide, traversed over various burning social issues informing, educating, sensitising and touching audiences' hearts and ended its 13-week journey with the spotlight on the right to equality.
Time had earlier featured Aishwarya Rai on its cover. (IANS)
- Bristol-Myers Squibb’s Cancer Drug Opdivo Receives another Approval from FDA
- Double Mastectomy Offers More Choices When It Comes To Breast Reconstruction
- Ocrelizumab cuts multiple sclerosis relapses by nearly 50% compared with Rebif in two large clinical trials
- Whole Foods recalling cheese after FDA finds Listeria during a sample test
- Medical Marijuana Regulations win Governor Jerry Brown’s signature
- Journalist Jason Rezaian sentenced by Iranian Court, verdict unknown
- Extinct tree-climbing human was handy with its feet as well
- Tech- stable policies combo can help avoid another `dark` age: World electricity firms
- Obama mocks Kanye's 2020 presidential run, calls him 'Peezy'
- Chad: Five suicide bomb attacks kill 36, injure 50