Washington, Aug 31: Bollywood star Aamir Khan features on the cover of Time magazine following his hugely successful TV show "Satyamev Jayate".
"He's breaking the Bollywood mold by tackling India's social evils. Can one actor change a nation?" says the blurb on the cover, which features a close-up of the actor looking intensely into the camera.
The TV show brought social issues to the fore. It started with the issue of female foeticide, traversed over various burning social issues informing, educating, sensitising and touching audiences' hearts and ended its 13-week journey with the spotlight on the right to equality.
Time had earlier featured Aishwarya Rai on its cover. (IANS)
- New Zealand players want to test 'pink ball' before day-night Test
- Expert says Pistorius' shooting reenactment footage might result in mistrial
- Sania enters top-5 for first time in her career
- Kapur finishes tied 18th, McDowell wins as Stadler collapses
- Tim Krul defends penalty shootout 'mind games' during Netherlands' WC quarterfinal victory
- Stan Chartered to invest Rs 500-cr in Sterlite Power Grid
- Sensex breaches 26,000-mark; Nifty at record-high of 7,787.95
- Gold price slips below Rs 27,500 level in futures trade
- World's largest shopping mall with theme park to come up in Dubai
- Pink Floyd to release new album'The Endless River' in October
- Hillary Clinton would want Meryl Streep to portray her in film
- Now, 'I MISS W' tees for those who miss George W. Bush
- U.S. tightens airline passenger restrictions in view of anticipated terror threat
- China reportedly shows off next-gen submarine at PLAN
- Apple hires Tag Heuer's sales director for upcoming iWatch