Washington, Aug 31: Bollywood star Aamir Khan features on the cover of Time magazine following his hugely successful TV show "Satyamev Jayate".
"He's breaking the Bollywood mold by tackling India's social evils. Can one actor change a nation?" says the blurb on the cover, which features a close-up of the actor looking intensely into the camera.
The TV show brought social issues to the fore. It started with the issue of female foeticide, traversed over various burning social issues informing, educating, sensitising and touching audiences' hearts and ended its 13-week journey with the spotlight on the right to equality.
Time had earlier featured Aishwarya Rai on its cover. (IANS)
- De Villiers shines as Proteas cruise past Windies in first ODI
- McIlroy records first pro hole-in-one to be two shots adrift of lead at Abu Dhabi
- FIA finally allows Honda to upgrade engine in 2015 F1 season
- Morgan says loss against Oz no WC setback
- Boxing legend Ali released from hospital in time to celebrate 73rd birthday
- We will defeat poisonous Islamist narrative: UK PM David Cameron
- People sharing news on social media stay better connected with information
- Al Qaeda leader claims Charlie Hebdo massacre took years in making
- International music streaming service Rdio launches in India
- Two 'unknown planets' may lie hidden beyond Pluto