Mumbai, Sep 14 - Bollywood actress Sonakshi Sinha says that she wants to be a simple bride whenever she gets married.
The actress walked the ramp for designer Jyotsna Tiwari Thursday on the second day of the India Bridal Fashion Week 2012, held in Mumbai.
"I want to be a simple bride when I get married. I want a beach wedding where I am running around on the sand in a white dress," she said after the show.
The collection was called 'Mystical Romance'. It showcased a variety of bridal pre- draped saris, sari gowns, anarkalis and lehengas in colours like black, gold, amber, coral, blue and red.
"One speciality of this collection is that it is a mix between a modern and a traditional bride," the actress added.
Sonakshi looked spectacular in a red bridal lehenga-choli with heavy goldwork and gold jewellery.
The show was followed by a live advertisement by Saif Ali Khan for Sansui's TV commercial for brush series. The advertisement came as a surprise with fireworks on the ramp and models dancing to peppy music as they came to the head ramp.
The actor looked handsome in a pearl white suit with a baby pink shirt. Laser lights which danced to the music made the show truly memorable.
Designer Narendra Kumar Ahmed showcased his collection next. The designer said his collection was inspired by French classical music among other things.
"I was inspired by French classical music of the 1900s. It has been inspired by the elegance of ballet as well. It is about the emotion behind the sound and not the sound itself," he said after the event.
The collection had bridal wear for men and women as well. With saris, suits and jackets for women and heavy sherwanis and jackets for men.
The sets added to the look and feel of both the shows with six chandeliers hanging on the ramp. (IANS)
- Hamilton might consider quitting Merc due to increasing tension with Rosberg: Reports
- Button feels sympathetic with Hamilton following Belgian GP row with Rosberg
- Rodgers brands Balotelli's move to Liverpool as 'calculated risk'
- Man U agree to British record transfer fee of 59.7 mln-pounds for Di Maria
- Pellegrini says Man City's win over Liverpool worth 'six points'
- New 'Quantum of the Seas' cruise to feature 'robot bartenders', 'virtual balconies'
- Facebook to scale down click-bait stories from users' newsfeed
- Robots can now tab 'Robo Brain' to learn what they need from internet
- Ancestral exposure to toxics can add more stress in great granddaughters' lives
- Mozilla's low-cost Firefox OS smartphone debuts in India at Rs. 1999