Washington, Jun 23 - A team of engineers has developed micro-tentacles for tiny robots, so that they can handle delicate objects.
Lead author Jaeyoun (Jay) Kim from Iowa State University said that most robots use two fingers and to pick things up, they have to squeeze, but these tentacles wrap around very gently.
The paper describes how the engineers fabricated microtubes just 8 millimeters long and less than a hundredth of an inch wide. They're made from PDMS, a transparent elastomer that can be a liquid or a soft, rubbery solid.
Washington, Jun 23 - As per a new study, early Europeans had recent Neanderthal ancestors.
Howard Hughes Medical Institute geneticists analyzed ancient DNA from the jawbone of a human who lived in Europe about 40,000 years ago, providing the first genetic evidence that humans interbred with Neanderthals in Europe.
Researcher David Reich said that they know that 45,000 years ago, the only humans in Europe were Neanderthals. But 35,000 years ago, the only humans in Europe were modern humans. This is a dramatic transition.
Washington, Jun 23 - Researchers have discovered intense radio emission from a tiny binary star, which calls for a review of stellar models.
As per the University of Valencia study, this small binary star is known as AB Doradus B and is located in the AB Doradus star system, consisting of two pairs of stars. Stars normally emit light that can be seen with the naked eye or through telescopes, but some also emit radio waves, similar to those from televisions, mobile phones or microwave ovens.
Co-author Jose Carlos Guirado said that these emissions have made it possible to calculate the mass of the star, which is usually complex, but when the star is accompanied by another, its orbital motion gives us an accurate way to determine it, as Kepler's laws establish.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb’s Cancer Drug Opdivo Receives another Approval from FDA
- Double Mastectomy Offers More Choices When It Comes To Breast Reconstruction
- Ocrelizumab cuts multiple sclerosis relapses by nearly 50% compared with Rebif in two large clinical trials
- Whole Foods recalling cheese after FDA finds Listeria during a sample test
- Medical Marijuana Regulations win Governor Jerry Brown’s signature
- Journalist Jason Rezaian sentenced by Iranian Court, verdict unknown
- Extinct tree-climbing human was handy with its feet as well
- Tech- stable policies combo can help avoid another `dark` age: World electricity firms
- Obama mocks Kanye's 2020 presidential run, calls him 'Peezy'
- Chad: Five suicide bomb attacks kill 36, injure 50