Washington, Aug 25 - China is reportedly planning to create a new operating system to compete with imported rivals such as Apple, Microsoft, and Google.
According to the New York Post, There have been some rifts between China and the United States in area of technology. China is now looking to help its domestic industry catch up with imported systems such as Microsoft's Windows and Google's mobile operating system Android.
Ni Guangnan, who heads an official OS development alliance, said that the operating system would first appear on desktop devices and later extend to smartphone and other mobile devices.
London, Aug 25 - Argentine striker Lionel Messi scored twice as 10-man Barcelona claimed an easy victory over Elche in Luis Enrique's first La Liga match in charge. Read more »
London, Aug 25 - Tottenham Hotspur ripped apart Queens Park Rangers' defence to beat Harry Redknapp's side 4-0 in their Premier League clash at White Hart Lane. Read more »
London, Aug 25 - Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton has claimed that his teammate Nico Rosberg had admitted in a post-race meeting that the German deliberately hit him during Sunday's Belgian Grand Prix. Read more »
Washington, Aug 25 - Northern Carolina has reportedly been hit by the strongest earthquake in 25 years, a report said.
The quake measured 6.0 on the Richter scale and struck six miles southwest of Napa, North Carolina's infamous wine country, early Sunday. Several people were injured in the region and historic structures were damaged in downtown Napa, reported CNN.
Almost 160 received treatment for minor injuries at Queen of the Valley Hospital, the report said. However, hospital CEO Walt Mickens could not confirm if all the patients were injured in the earthquake.
Washington, Aug 25 - Nicki Minaj suffered a wardrobe malfunction during her opening medley performance with Ariana Grande and Jessie J at the MTV's Video Music Awards (VMAs) 2014 recently.
The 31-year-singer, who did a sexy 'Anaconda' performance in a green sequined two-piece number, attempted to change for 'Bang Bang,' but failed to do so in time and ended up holding her black mini-dress together as she tried to perform, Us magazine reported.
- Hamilton might consider quitting Merc due to increasing tension with Rosberg: Reports
- Button feels sympathetic with Hamilton following Belgian GP row with Rosberg
- Rodgers brands Balotelli's move to Liverpool as 'calculated risk'
- Man U agree to British record transfer fee of 59.7 mln-pounds for Di Maria
- Pellegrini says Man City's win over Liverpool worth 'six points'
- New 'Quantum of the Seas' cruise to feature 'robot bartenders', 'virtual balconies'
- Facebook to scale down click-bait stories from users' newsfeed
- Robots can now tab 'Robo Brain' to learn what they need from internet
- Ancestral exposure to toxics can add more stress in great granddaughters' lives
- Mozilla's low-cost Firefox OS smartphone debuts in India at Rs. 1999