Dehradun, Nov 7: British royal couple, Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall, began their nine-day trip of India Wednesday by participating in the evening aarti ritual on the banks of the Ganges at Rishikesh in Uttarakhand.
They arrived at Jollygrant airport here in the evening and were received by Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna and British High Commissioner to India James David Bevan.
The royal couple joined in the Ganga aarti held at Parmartha Niketan Ashram for the peace of those who died in the June flash floods in the state.
London, July 23 - Prince Charles said that he is overjoyed by the birth of his first grandchild, the Prince of Cambridge.
The Prince of Wales' daughter-in-law Duchess Catherine gave birth to a boy, her first child with Prince William, Monday evening.
The doting grandfather and his wife Duchess Camilla are ecstatic to welcome the new member of the royal family, reports people. com.
- Don't hang Mollah, says rights group
- 48% Americans opposed to scrapping of ban on cellphone use in flights
- Poverty during childhood adversely affects brain development in kids
- Younger women likelier to die from heart attacks than male counterparts
- New material could make solar panels cheaper and more efficient